House of Books – Libraries are boring? These photos say otherwise
“The often overlooked beauty of libraries is finally being unveiled by photographer Franck Bohbot.”
We hate libraries. Those bad days in the college, when we were bound to be locked in one of those places, we couldn’t help but hating them. Where is fun in there, eh? You can’t even do a little chit chat, let alone playing a music. And with our unconditional hatred, we never even look at those vintage buildings properly. No matter how much you disagree, most of the libraries are beautiful with their vintage and classy architecture. How do we know? By seeing the pictures captured by Franck Bohbot – the French photographer who has undertaken a project named “House of Books”, only to capture libraries around the world. Till now, he has completed only Paris and Rome, and we like always, brought in some of his best works for you.
1. The State Library of New South Wales (also known as the Mitchell Library) in Sydney, Australia
2. The main hall of the Strahov library in Prague
3. The library of Trinity College, Ireland
4. The library of the French National Assembly in Paris
5. Harvard Public Library, Cambridge, MA, 2014
6. BNF, site Francois-Mitterrand, Paris, 2012
7. Bibliotheque Sainte Genevieve, Paris, 2012
8. Bibliotheque Nationale de France, Paris, 2014
9. Bibliotheque Mazarine Paris, 2014
10. Bibliotheque interuniversitaire de la Sorbonne Paris, 2014
11. Bibliotheque du Senat, Paris, 2012
12. Bibliotheque de l’Hotel de Ville, Paris, 2012
13. Biblioteca Vallicelliana Roma, 2013
14. Biblioteca Angelica, Roma, 2013
This post was inspired by independent Thanks!
More from Briff.me
If you like this post about House of Books, you might like to see some surprising structures of this world. Follow Amazing Buildings.
If the politician looks like her and shows like Nikita Klæstrupappears, every man would VOTE her. Details: Nikita Klæstrupappears – The hottest politician who is breaking the internet!
Here at Briff.me, knowing that our precious time together on Earth is waaay too short for a long feed, we bring you the best of the best, like this special briff about House of Books. If you want to get more posts like this, click like on the Briff.me Facebook